Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Boxy Bag for the Boy


My dear husband is a hard worker. He carries around his computer bag and computer tools and supplies with him all day. One thing he needs to carry are several different plugs and wires (I don't know what they are really called). He used to have a few things loose, then he had a few in different pockets of his main computer bag. Then, he started carrying them all around in a little box. But he complained that the box was too bulky. So...he commissioned me to make him a bag for them.

So I looked around for what kind of bag would work for his needs. I found a lot of styles of bags - little purse bags and totes and make-up bags. And then I stumbled onto the right kind of bag...the Boxy Bag! Even better than finding the right KIND of bag, was finding the right tutorial to help me actually make the bag. Here is the awesome tutorial I followed.

This is only my 2nd or 3rd time working with a zipper. I think I need to take a class and get some more tips. The bag took 2 1/2 hours total to complete. I had a little difficulty with the zipper and don't look too close at the handle (because it's not exactly centered over the seam).

All in all I am happy with it. It's boyish, home-made and utilitarian.

1 comment:

jane p said...

Cool. Love it if you put it in my flickr hall of fame http://www.flickr.com/groups/projectsbyjane/