Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My very first quilt


I decided to try my hand at quilting 2 years ago. Would you believe that this is my FIRST quilt...still? Don't get too excited...it's not finished yet! You would think it is a masterpiece taking me this long to make it. But, no, it's my introduction to quilting.

I signed up for a class, thinking that would be the best way to learn. Well, the "Winner's Bouquet" Quilt doesn't seem like a beginner's quilt anymore. Notice how they say on the pattern, "You'll be amazed at how simple curves can be". Well, frankly, I am amazed that I
got this far into this quilt and have the top *almost* done!

So, here are a few pictures of my current progress. I need to add the border, layer my pieces and then it's ready for quilting. I am thinking of having it professionally quilted on a long-arm. I don't want to ruin my very first quilt by trying to free-hand it. I think I will try free-hand quilting a few other projects first. I surely don't want to hate my new quilt after I invested so much time into it.

No comments: