Saturday, January 23, 2010

Other Crafty Adventures: Crocheted Skull Caps


So maybe I will blog all my crafty adventures here. I picked up my crocheting after a LONG time of not making anything. I decided to try to work a pattern and make something. I have known how to crochet for 13+ years and I have *never* actually followed a crocheting pattern to complete a project.

My high school/college boyfriend's mom taught me how to crochet. Because I learned from a person, I was never able to understand how that translated to the written pattern. I was never taught how to read a pattern, I was only taught how to *do* things. So, I have made pot holders and baby blankets galore (and even a purse or two) but I have never followed a pattern - until now.

I found a really cool website with free patterns that you can download (and not-free patterns too). www,youcanmakethis.com
Here is the link to the pattern that I downloaded and used to make this nifty, neat rasta-style skull cap for the kiddos.

I am making matching ones for all of the girls. But can I get them all to wear it? That is the real question.

No comments: